Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Progress

I never knew how much time I spent on just trying think about what I'm trying to write instead of just writing it. It feels more organic if I can spit out random stuff and try to direct into something useful.

This seems to be my process. Even when I was writing screenplays it always seemed to take a while because I would stop when I came across an idea I was trying to make clear instead of getting it out, even if it was something I could only explain in its simplest form.

I feel every day I need to push through the need to revise on the spot. I can always revise later. Consistency is the key for the moment. I need to rewire my brain to just get things out on the page first. I'll have to revise later anyway. Nothing's perfect the first time, but it can always get better... later.

No comments:

Post a Comment